B) Look at these questions. Can you put them in the correct order?
1. she does where work ?
2. travel to how she does work ?
3. she begin did job when her ?
4. did she work before where ?
5. in the which days evening does she work ?
6. her co-workers countries which from come do ?
7. does she colleagues how her does describe ?
8. do at the weekends does what she ?
The correct questions are:
1. Where does she work?
2. How does she travel to work?
3. When did she begin her job?
4. Where did she work before?
5. Which days does she work in the evenings?
6.Which countries do her co-workers come from?
7. How does she describe her colleagues?
8. What does she do at the weekends?
C) Now read the text about a woman's workplace and answer your questions.
Write your answers in full.
The place where I work.
I want to tell you about where I work; how I get there, when I started working there, what I do every day, something about the people I work with and why I enjoy working there.
Every day I go to The Academy of English. It's a great language school in the middle of my town. I get there by foot and by bus. It only takes about 25 minutes.
I started in the Academy two years ago on January 22. This isn't my first teaching job. Before this job I worked in another country for a different company.
On Mondays and Wednesdays I usually work in the morning. I have an exam class. On Tuesdays and Thursdays I always work in the evenings. I teach general English to adults. On Fridays I teach a business English to a group of people from a local business. I don't usually work at the weekends.
My co-workers are from different countries. Some of them are Spanish, Italian, French, American and British. They are all very friendly and kind people. My students are all very nice, too.
I enjoy going to the Academy because it's a great place to work and doesn't take long to get there. I'm busy every day, but I have the weekend off, which is great. I especially like the people I work with.
Here are the answers
1. Where does she work? She works at The Academy of English.
2. How does she travel to work? She goes by foot and bus.
3. When did she begin her job? She began her job two years ago.
4. Where did she work before? We don't know where she worked before.
5. Which days does she work in the evenings? She works in the evenings on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
6.Which countries does her co-workers come from? Spain, Italy, France, America and Britain.
7. How does she describe her colleagues? She says they are friendly and kind.
8. What does she do at the weekends? We don't know what she does at the weekends.
D) Write about you work or studies.
Include these points in you text:
-where you go/ how you get there
-when you started/ what you do every day
-something about the people you meet
-why you enjoy going there
Use these phrases below to help you write your composition:
I want to tell you about...
Every day I go to...
I get there by...
I started in (month/year)...
On Mondays I usually...
My co-workers/ My classmates...
I enjoy going there because...