B) Read the seven steps to making your date a pleasant experience and decide
Which is the best piece of advice?
This time don't use a dictionary. Just try to guess the words you don't know.
Read the text again and ask yourself these questions to see what you understand about the text.
Write your answers in full sentences to practice your writing skills.
1. What's the writer telling us in the first step?
2. What's 'on a beach sipping Mai Tais with your beloved' mean?
3. What does step two tell us?
4. What does the third step teach us?
5. What's step four about?
6. What can we learn from step five?
7. What's step six telling us?
8. What does the final step tell us?
1. What's the writer telling us in the first step? The writer is telling us that we shouldn't complain. We are good people and we can find other good people to be with.
2. What's 'on a beach sipping Mai Tais with your beloved' mean? It means sitting on a beach, drinking cocktails with the person you love.
3. What does step two tell us? Step two tells us that we are normal people and we should go on the date because the person who asked us is kind.
4. What does the third step teach us? It teaches us to be polite and show respect to the person asking us on a date and don't pretend to be shy.
5. What's step four about? It says, be confident and show your personality.
6. What can we learn from step five? Step five advises us to date different people that those we usually choose. The writer gives the example that always choosing similar people hasn't been successful for us before.
7. What's step six telling us? It's telling us to be creative with our choice of date locations and activities. It says we should try something different and interesting.
8. What does the final step tell us? It says, just have fun. Try to enjoy it even if it's not a good experience. Later you can laugh with you friends about how awful it was.
For your writing task, think about your own dating tips.
Write seven dating tips using your own ideas.
Try to really think about what advice you'd give to friends or relatives asking for your help.
Keep your tips short but concise. Try to use some high level vocabulary, too.