A. Read the text below about me.
What's my favourite exercise?
How I feel about exercise.
I enjoy going running in the mornings when I am not working. I usually run around my local park until I feel very tired. I run for one hour, three times a week. This is my favourite kind of exercise. It makes me feel very happy to run around the park and look at the trees. Sometimes I see other people running or walking.
However, sometimes I would prefer to sit on my sofa and watch TV, read a book or surf the Internet; checking my Facebook. I also enjoy spending time with my friends in cafés or window shopping in shopping centres. This is much more relaxing and makes me feel calm.
In my opinion, running makes me feel better than other activities. After I run I always take a shower and then feel energetic and ready to do anything.
The answer is....................................................................running. Your favourite exercise is running.
It's time to check your answers.
1. Which activity do I enjoy and when? You enjoy running in the mornings.
2. Where do I usually run? You usually run in the park.
3. How long do I run? You run for one hour, three times a week.
4. How do I feel when I run? You feel very happy.
5. Which other activities do I mention? You mention watching TV, reading books, surfing the internet, spending time with friends and window shopping.
6. How do I feel about these activities? You feel relaxed and calm.
7. What do I do after a shower? You take a shower.
How do you feel about exercise?
Write three paragraphs:
Paragraph 1, talk about...
-what kind of exercise you do
-how often you do it and how it makes you feel
-can you think of other activities you prefer doing?
-how do they make you feel?
-why exercise is useful
Here is some useful phrases:
I enjoy + (v-ing)
This activity makes me feel...
However,.../On the other hand.../
I also enjoy...
This makes me feel...
In conclusion,.../In my opinion,.../In summary,...